I know this is late, but I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you so much to Simpleek, talithavm, and kitsune and neko for nominating me! I’ve had fun reading all of your blogs, and you guys all write about really interesting topics, so I definitely appreciate being nominated.
- Thank the award giver and link back to their blog in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this award along to 15 blogs.
- Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Now, onto some personal tidbits about me:
- I absolutely love jewelry. I especially love color gemstones, particularly purple stones like amethysts and rhodolites. It’s probably because I love the pop of color gems add that I think diamonds are overrated.
- I’ve never owned a cell-phone, mp3 player, iPod, iPad or basically anything that would show that I belong in the 21st century.
- I can be really random and have no problem getting into personal conversations at inappropriate places (like on the subway or in a restaurant). I pride myself on being weird, so when people tell me I’m weird I always respond with a ‘thank you.’
- I don’t have many hobbies aside from anime and manga, but I used to draw up until I was in high school. I also used to make jewelry, but between running out of ideas for new pieces to create and not having as much time to bead, I’ve stopped. I really should start up again one day, especially since I still have so many beads.
- I’m Puerto Rican and black, but I don’t speak Spanish. For some reason, my mother never taught either me or my sister the language, and I really wish she had because I often feel as though I’m missing out. And it’s definitely frustrating when someone comes up to speaking in Spanish and I tell them I can’t speak the language – they look at me as if they think I’m lying! So if I ever have kids with a Spanish-speaking man, I’d want him to teach them Spanish (and maybe I’ll pick up a few words along the way).
- I’ve never been into fashion. I’ve always hated shopping (it annoys me), which is probably why I’m so sensitive about the stereotype that all women love to shop and are clothes-obsessed.
- I live in New York City and could never see myself living in any other part of the U.S. However, I feel embarassed to admit that not only have I never been outside of the country, I also haven’t been outside of the tri-state area! My family doesn’t really drive, but if I ever get the courage to fly one day I’d like to go to the part of Texas my dad grew up in, and visit other countries like Japan and Brazil.
And here are my nominations for some really awesome blogs. I don’t have fifteen yet, but you guys should still check them out anyway! 😀